Kveller is a website that describes itself as “A Jewish Twist on Parenting.” After the glut of oily foods for Chanukah they offer a switch to chocolate with this Chocolate Mousse recipe.
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
5 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt chocolate with water and sugar in a double boiler. Stir until velvety and thoroughly blended.
2. Set in a pan of cold water.
3. Add egg yolks and vanilla. The mixture should be semifluid–if it’s too firm, add up to 5 tablespoons of tepid water.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into chocolate.
5. Spoon into individual dessert cups.
6. Chill 4-6 hours.
They have other recipes! Check them out here.