Community

Where We Are Heading?

Abi & Andy with their kids Lori Voices From Our Community Imagining What’s Next Activists, environmentalists, single mothers, Israelis, interfaith couples, Jews of color, spiritual seekers, grandchildren of Holocaust survivors, adopted, transgendered – describe anyone you know? Join us Sunday, Feb. 26, from 1-5 p.m. at the Oshman Family JCC in Palo Alto. I am…

Read More »

Summertime

Make the most of summer! This is a good time to shop around for a synagogue if you don’t yet have one. Summer services are casual – there are outdoor services in some places, lay led services, shabbat dinners, music, etc. If you need some help deciding where to go, or you want someone to…

Read More »

All in the Jewish Family

Sherith Israel and the Bureau of Jewish Education run a program series called Exploring the World of Judaism. I’ll be speaking on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10am about interfaith marriage in the Jewish community. It runs two hours and you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions or bring up your own experiences. All in…

Read More »

Do you want community for your child?

So often we will do for our children things we don’t make the effort to do for ourselves, no matter how valuable. Recently I read a string of emails on the Berkeley Parents Network in response to a mother asking for help in building a community for her child. One mom replied that she has…

Read More »